Almost every day we’re hearing someone tell us how important it is to have more connected and authentic conversations.
We all seem to know this is true but somehow we seem to be having fewer of them.
Seth Godin, Bestselling Author and Marketing Expert, says we’re all stuck in what he calls “fast twitch mode.”
It’s tempting to spend all of our time in fast twitch mode. To scan the incoming, grab the urgent, set it up and slam it back. —Seth Godin
Certainly the pace of change and the demand to do everything faster, easier and better is helping to keep us stuck in “fast twitch mode,” but there may be an even bigger and more limiting factor.
Perry Marshall, World Renowned Business Consultant and Author, has shifted a lot of his attention to the following question:
How do you hold conversations that nobody wants to have, because of political correctness or stupidity spasms or hidden agendas? —Perry Marshall
I’d suggest from my own experience and the many people I work with that it’s simply not possible or safe to have the bigger conversation in far too many workplaces.
You’re not having them because it’s politically incorrect to have them. You’re not having them because someone is afraid of what the conversations might reveal or what they might have to give up. It’s a long list.
But what if you choose to try this instead.
I’d like you to invite you to be part of the Exploring Forward-Thinking Workplace conversation where it’s safe to say what you think and have the bigger conversation.
Every voice has something to contribute that benefits everyone that’s a vital part of the whole.
Join the Adventure and Be Part of Something that Can Change the World
The Exploring Forward-Thinking Workplace interviews have demonstrated, when you ask a lens-opening question and create the conditions for bigger conversations to occur, incredible insights and wisdom emerge — especially when we’re listening to each other.
A collective voice is emerging from the 200 global people, business leaders, and thought leaders at Exploring Forward-Thinking Workplaces that is distinguishing the way forward to a workplace that works better — for everyone.
Your work is so valuable in highlighting what needs to be done. —Steph Holloway, Founder, Elemental Potential
I’d like to invite you to be a part of this bigger conversation in a bigger way!
Here are a number of ways you can join or help support this conversation and the emergence of the forward-thinking human and workplace.
- Join our mailing list (see bar below).
- Download the Forward-Thinking Workplace Guide.
- Download the The Forward-Thinking Workplace article published in the Cutter Business Technology Journal.
- Read the 50+ interviews with global leaders and let us know what you find most intriguing.
- Buy our book of consolidated interviews and get access to premium content.
- Learn how we help facilitate or lead a Forward-Thinking Conversation for your team or organization.
- Learn how we help increase Forward-Thinking Intelligence™, which allows you to set change in motion that occurs naturally.
- Learn how we help you engage deeply with the Forward-Thinking Workplace interview themes and insights.
- Subscribe to one of our 50 Top Leaders Most Important Question Email Series
- Sign up for one of our workshops in October or schedule us at your location.
- If you feel you would like to return the benefit in some way from all our interviews, then a donation will help us continue to do more and advance the forward-thinking workplace.
Join us and be part of something exciting that’s creating the workplace of the future — NOW.
To your great work life & success!
Care to Let Us Know?
What do you find most intriguing in this article? We’re listening and here to have conversations — bigger conversations.Take the Quick 1-Minute Survey